Friday, September 22, 2023

Another week in the books

 TGIF

 Reading update:

 I finished the Jennifer Estep book. I gave it 3.75 to 4 stars. The denouement lifted it above a solid 3. A little too romance-y at times but not bad. 

 Another 1000 Pages Read Challenge starts on Sunday. But I also have a scavenger hunt coming up the following Sunday. The prompt is "At least two words in the title start with the same letter." Here are my possibles so far:

 

For the 1000 Pages Read Challenge, of course I have the Galbraith on Tuesday coming in at 960 all by itself. But I believe I may be starting on Sunday, the second in the Chestnut Springs romance series.

HEARTLESS by Elsie Silver. 2nd of 5 in series.

  Working as a nanny for the world’s grumpiest single dad should have been simple. Except I can’t keep my eyes off him. And he can’t keep his hands off of me. Cade Eaton is thirteen years older than I am and barely looks my way. Until I get him into the hot tub one night for a game of truth or dare. Then all bets are off—and so are our clothes. He’s gruff, a little rough around the edges. But broad-shouldered ranchers with calloused hands and filthy mouths are this city girl’s kryptonite. So who am I to resist? But it’s in our quiet moments together that he softens. It’s when he takes care of me that I realize his hardened exterior is just a façade. It’s when I watch him go all sweet with his little boy that I really fall for him. Someone convinced him once that his best wasn’t good enough. But I’ve never felt more cherished than I do in his arms. My contract may say this arrangement is only for two months. But my heart says this is forever.

Published 2022;  476 pages.

I'm still very much enjoying the Raybourn audiobook. I re-started the practice cowl last night with a different crochet stitch of which I am much more comfortable and I think it will do very nicely. I will continue with it and actually looking forward to working on it. 

 I should be getting the yarn for the Christmas present for Randee (bead lady) today and I found an easy beginner pattern for that, too. I've got reading sprints tomorrow afternoon but no other plans for the weekend.

Have a good weekend

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: