Wednesday, September 6, 2023

What am I doing here?

Wednesday

Currently reading PAYBACK IN DEATH by JD Robb. 57th in series featuring Eve Dallas, a homicide lieutenant in futuristic New York City

Lt. Eve Dallas is just home from a long overdue vacation when she responds to a call of an unattended death. The victim is Martin Greenleaf, retired Internal Affairs Captain. At first glance, the scene appears to be suicide, but the closer Eve examines the body, the more suspicious she becomes. An unlocked open window, a loving wife and family, a too-perfect suicide note—Eve's gut says it's a homicide. After all, Greenleaf put a lot of dirty cops away during his forty-seven years in Internal Affairs. It could very well be payback—and she will not rest until the case is closed.

Published 2023; 368 pages.

Reading update:

I finished FALLING INN LOVE by Erin Branscom. I gave it 3 stars. It was very Hallmark movie-ish and a little too insta-love for me but it was cute. I won't rush out to read the next one but I'll get to it eventually I'm sure. 


 In the book online world, book sleeves are a big thing. Padded covers for physical books. There a lots of different fabrics and themes available. I never understood it. Until now. I decided to get a couple for my Kindle. Yes, I have a cork cover but I thought the extra protection would be helpful. I love it.

Blue Stripes Kindle Case Kindle Paperwhite Sleeve Kindle image 1 

This is SO me. I love those stripes. And I also got this one.

 
I love old-fashioned stripes, tweeds, toile, and tartans/plaids.
 
I don't have any sprints to run tonight. I do plan on read the Robb book though as much as possible. Steve has the gun range. I've made the graphic for another readathon idea I had for January. I want to promote historical mysteries and as far as I've seen, January isn't booked solid with 'em. 
 

I rather like it a lot.  I have another for Nostalgia November but I'll share it later.

Have a good day

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: