Thursday, September 30, 2010

Friday'een


Book alert! I've discovered a new historical mystery being released in October. A debut! THE RHETORIC OF DEATH by Judith Rock. Here is a description:
Paris, 1686: When The Bishop of Marseilles discovers that his young cousin Charles du Luc, former soldier and half-fledged Jesuit, has been helping heretics escape the king's dragoons, the bishop sends him far away-to Paris, where Charles is assigned to assist in teaching rhetoric and directing dance at the prestigious college of Louis le Grand. Charles quickly embraces his new life and responsibilities. But on his first day, the school's star dancer disappears from rehearsal, and the next day another student is run down in the street. When the dancer's body is found under the worst possible circumstances, Charles is determined to find the killer in spite of being ordered to leave the investigation.
It has 384 pages and will be released October 5th. I've already got it pre-ordered, because that is right up my alley. I hope it lives up to the plot. I've requested an excerpt for my newsletter, if all goes well she'll respond to my email. Woot!

Tug was amazing tonight and let me be on the computer downstairs without barking, pawing or throwing my elbow in the air with his head. Did the Body Snatchers do dogs?
Time, now, however, to head to bed so I can do it all again tomorrow.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: