Monday, August 18, 2014

I'm up; I'm here.


I'm currently reading DESIGNATED DAUGHTERS by Margaret Maron. This is 19th of 19 in series featuring Deborah Knott, district judge in North Carolina. Here's a description:

When Judge Deborah Knott is summoned to her ailing Aunt Rachel's bedside, she assumes the worst. Thankfully when she arrives at the hospice center she learns that Rachel hasn't passed; in fact, the dying woman is awake. Surrounded by her children, her extended family, and what seems like half of Colleton County, a semi-conscious Rachel breaks weeks of pained silence with snippets of stories as randomly pieced together as a well-worn patchwork quilt. But the Knott family's joy quickly gives way to shock: less than an hour later, Aunt Rachel is found dead in her bed, smothered with a pillow. 

Published 2014, it has 320 pages. I don't read mysteries to try to figure whodunnit before the end but I pretty much feel I know who it is in this one. We'll see. What I do love about this series is the interactions and the "southern-ness" with her huge extended family. This is a loan from the library.

The weekend was okay. I finally watched the Divergent movie via On Demand. It was all right. Of course, the book (and trilogy) was way better.

Nothing really on TV for me tonight (that will change big time sometime in September) so I'm hoping I can read. I have several library books out, both book and digital, right now.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: