Thursday, August 7, 2014

Well, you haven't provided a kiddie pool, have you




The day didn't start out great. I broke the right arm of my glasses as I was putting them on this morning. Snick. No, I wasn't bending them or anything. So I rummaged for an old pair that I could see enough to drive with but they weren't bifocals so I was definitely having a problem at work trying to see the computer and papers on my desk. Luckily, when I went to my optician when they opened, they had the style of frameless glasses I have so they fixed them in a half hour. Not an expense I needed but one does have to see.

A friend of mine posted photos on Facebook of their time at the Paul McCartney concert in Missoula. The seats were such nosebleeds that it appeared the only way to see him was on the jumbotron screens on either side of the stage. I'm glad I didn't want to go. One can "say" they went to the concert but to really only view it on screens? Stupid. There's great footage on youtube of various concerts that are better and free. Really, the McCartney concert I would have liked to see was with Wings in the 70s. Just need a time machine and I'm ready to go. 

Steve has a get together dinner after work a guy associated with the gun club. I indicated that if I didn't have to go, I wasn't so inclined. Really, an evening of gun enthusiasts I try to limit to the "have-to's".  And I agreed to dinner with his mom and sister tomorrow evening so it's not like I'm home free.

So I plan to do some reading this evening. Yeah, something different. (snark)

Stay cool!

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: