Tuesday, October 21, 2014

How can you hate your job if it's pandas?




Over the past weekend, I competed reading my 100th book of the year. I'm have a good reading year. 100 in October is a little ahead of my average.

Steve's brother and his family are in town this week. The two girls are little, one just started first grade and the other is a couple years younger. Lauren has started to read and Emily appears to be not far behind. Of course, being a book lover, I'd like to get them something before they leave. I'm thinking of the kids' version of stories from Laura Ingalls Wilder's LITTLE HOUSE IN THE BIG WOODS. I need to reread those books myself. 

This also got me thinking about classic books for younger folk that I've read or would like to read or even to re-read. And how these girls  -- and really all kids -- have so much to look forward to in discovering them.
(And I suppose that's a big "if", these days).

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: