Thursday, October 9, 2014

No, it's just a cold! Sheesh. Drama much?




Yeah, so Steve has kindly shared his cold with me. I'm not happy. It will get worse before it gets better. Bah. But I have re-supplied the cold supplies and I will probably be fighting it big time by this weekend.

I guess you could say I also got my anniversary present today, belatedly. I got Steve a card and a subscription to Sirius so he can listen to better music when he's driving around or on his computer. I didn't get anything ... until today. A monsterous John Deere but non-riding snow blower. Thanks, hon. But it does have hand warmers. Thanks, hon. And I got a great deal on it. Thanks, hon. I'll remember this next anniversary. :)  (if it had been a 4-wheeler with a blade at the front, I'd have been excited)

When a book gets too over-hyped, I just don't want to read it. Recent example: GONE GIRL by Gillian Flynn. Now that it has been made into a movie, it has skyrocketed to super-hype-dom. My digital library had it and I thought I'd give it a chance so I put it on hold. It finally came around to me .... and I just can't do it. Cannot read it. So back it goes today. One that I have overcome its hypey-ness is THE HUNGER GAMES and I agree that that book, that trilogy, is fantastic.  And I read THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO and that trilogy before it was a hit.

It's cooler today and the trees are more yellow than green now. I love Fall!

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: