Thursday, July 9, 2015

Yes, I hope pets have a rich fantasy life like I do


I want a teleportation machine so I can go to Comic Con in San Diego.


Why don't I go?




This is the line to get in:


I don't go because it is expensive to get there, impossible to get tickets, and beyond insane crowded with people. But it is geek heaven. Starts today and goes until Sunday. So I'm living vicariously through the live blogs and tweets of others who ARE there.  There are lots of cons throughout the year but this is the BIG ONE.



I have been a geek since grade school in the 70s. I LOVED loved loved loved Captain Kirk.


My pre-pubescent female self had her mind blown. :)I mean, come on, look at him. And of course Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica.


Apollo was my guy, not Starbuck.

In books, I discovered DUNE in junior high...


...though fantasy books were introduced via THE PRYDAIN CHRONICLES by Lloyd Alexander in grade school:


 Note to self, I should re-read these.

Not having an older brother I was never introduced to the true comic book worlds of Marvel or DC so I'm late to that party but discovering them is so very nice.

DC, like Arrow....


(see how I snuck that in there? heh heh heh)

....and Marvel, like Captain America:


(sneaky, part two, heh heh heh).

And others like The Walking Dead which started as graphic novels:



I've just learned these through movies and TV. And I'm just recently a fan of Doctor Who, specifically the Tenth Doctor:



I'm afraid to really jump into comic books because it is a huuuuuuge world. HUUUUUUUUUGE.

I leave you with Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog from 2009:


Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: