Wednesday, February 10, 2016

No, yesterday was not a good day


So. No post yesterday. I was dealing with a huge issue at work with Quickbooks payroll from 11 until 3:30. On the phone with the CPA. On the phone with Quickbooks payroll support. It is now fixed. But the day was shot.

Tonight I have Arrow, "Sins of the Father":


Oliver receives an offer from Nyssa that is hard to refuse. Meanwhile, Thea continues to battle the blood lust; Malcolm steps in to help his daughter; and Laurel has a heart-to-heart talk with Nyssa.



This should be good because Felicity's father showed up at the end of last episode. He abandoned her and her mother when she was a little girl. AAAAaaand he's the bad guy she did battle with over the computer earlier but she doesn't know it. 

 Have I told you about a book I just finished? THE WRATH & THE DAWN by Renee Ahdieh.

 Every dawn brings horror to a different family in a land ruled by a killer. Khalid, the eighteen-year-old Caliph of Khorasan, takes a new bride each night only to have her executed at sunrise. So it is a suspicious surprise when sixteen-year-old Shahrzad volunteers to marry Khalid. But she does so with a clever plan to stay alive and exact revenge on the Caliph for the murder of her best friend and countless other girls. Shazi’s wit and will, indeed, get her through to the dawn that no others have seen, but with a catch . . . she’s falling in love with the very boy who killed her dearest friend. She discovers that the murderous boy-king is not all that he seems and neither are the deaths of so many girls. Shazi is determined to uncover the reason for the murders and to break the cycle once and for all.

Published in 2015, it has 416 pages.  It ended on a cliffhanger (of course) and the next book doesn't come out until May (double of course). I devoured it.

I didn't sleep well last night. Partly reading the above mentioned book while waiting for the dogs to go out and in (and out and in). Partly my brain wouldn't shut down. Partly I missed my window of sleep opportunity when it first came in the station. And then this morning I'm having an allergic reaction to something around my eye so I took a Benedryl. I'm hoping I can stay awake to watch Arrow. :)



I have to say, I'm a little loopy. May have to do something about it:


Actually I'm listening to stay-awake music. :)

Steve has shooting tonight so an 8:00 bedtime is looking promising.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: