Wednesday, July 5, 2017

You know it's hot when the dog is melting ...


I HATE SUMMER! 



Yes, I said it and I meant it. HOT. 101 right now. And will be in the upper 90s and 100s for the foreseeable future.


Thank goodness for AC.


Well, last night for the onslaught of fireworks in our neighborhood, I was prepared. I slept as much as I could during the day -- not a hard thing to do because of being up late the night before. I took a 5-Hour Energy at 5pm. The boys and I hunkered down in the basement with the TV on. I re-watched Captain America: Winter Soldier that was on one of the channels. (Love that movie)


With a little Law & Order thrown in and the beginning of Captain America: First Avenger. The main, huge amounts of fireworks finally stopped by 11:40 but a few stragglers kept on until 1:30am. 

Let's see, I finished the Winawer book. It was meh. The middle lagged. I think the author had an OUTLANDER fetish and just put it in a different time period/place.


You know when those awesome super good books happen, it makes you miss reading other awesome super good books. Because not many are. You have to kiss a lot of toads.



Tonight, we may have some more fireworks but hopefully not as much. Steve has shooting as far as I know. His brother and sister are in town so I don't know what's happening with that.  I'm staying home in the air conditioned house with the boys and either being on the computer or reading.



Stay cool out there



Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: