Friday, January 12, 2018

My plan for the weekend ....



Oh the week is almost over!


Tonight, I have Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.


 "Together Or Not At All":

Just as the team reunites, they become prey to an undefeated Kree warrior who is bent on killing them all.

And on Sunday, I have NCIS: Los Angeles "Cac Tu Nhan": 


While Hetty is being tortured by her captors in Vietnam, Eric and Nell find a clue to her whereabouts, prompting the team to organize a rescue mission with very little information.
And then they're gone for a few weeks because of award shows and football. Bah. 



I am re-reading THE SERVANT'S TALE by Margaret Frazer. 2nd of 17 in series featuring Dame Frevisse, a medieval nun in Oxfordshire, England.


The Christmas season brings strange guests to the medieval nunnery of St. Frideswide's when a troupe of penniless players comes knocking at the gate. They bear with them the badly mangled body of a villager, swearing they found the drunken fool lying in a ditch. But Meg, the victim's wife and a scullery maid of the cloister, thinks there are far fouler deeds afoot. As the players rehearse for the nativity, ancient scandals lick at their heels and dark desperation haunts Meg's steps as she finds cruel feudal laws threatening to strip away the lands that would support both her and her sons in the wake of her husband's death. Dame Frevisse must thrust herself between these violent feuds, awakening dreams of her youth that she had believed long buried. Her very faith may be threatened, but Frevisse knows she must unravel a path to true salvation... before false raptures of lust bring ruination upon them all.

 Published 1993; 240 pages. It's been a rough week and I wanted a sure-thing lighter read. I hadn't remembered that Joliffe and the players had shown up this early in the Dame Frevisse series.

I have a music get together tomorrow night that I will probably go to. And I have to do house chores. Otherwise, I'm going to hibernate.

Have a good weekend, folks.




Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: