Monday, December 17, 2018

Ah no! Monday again!



The weekend was all right.


I was kind of looking for things to give suggestions to Steve about what to get me for Christmas. I always say a gift card from Amazon would make me immensely happy.


But like last year, I received jewelry. I don't have much opportunity to wear jewelry though I know he means very well by it.



And for some reason I came across on Ebay a collection of Dana Girls books. So I bought it.


Dana Girls were by the same syndicate that did Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys. Not as popular but I liked them.



While I was at it, I saw a collection of Trixie Belden books, which I have, but mine are falling apart from being read so much. So I replaced the first sixteen ....


I went ahead and got myself these things because

1) they'd be gone by the time Steve got around to it
2) it would be difficult to describe these to Steve so he'd get the right ones, and
3) Steve would think they're stupid and wouldn't get them for me.



And trust me, I could have gone bonkers getting a whole lot of other collections if I let myself. All the Cherry Ames, all of Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys, all of Rosamund du Jardin, etc.



Not much on TV if I recall. Arrow is in Christmas rerun mode. We'll probably wind up watching football.


Have a great day



Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: