Friday, January 25, 2019

Woot!


Oh and look at those eyes! Ooo da baby boo boo. He doesn't like wearing slippers on his feet. Why did you dress him that way? They don't get it and a lot don't like it.

Anyhoo. I do have a thing tomorrow to go to but I don't think I'll go. Partly because the roads aren't the best -- doable but if one has the option to avoid them ....



I have friends who will have booths or doing speaking and I want to support them but I also kinda just want to stay home with the boys, play with my new Surface, and nap.


We'll see how I feel tomorrow.


On Sunday, I have the season four finale of Outlander, "Man of Worth":

Jamie, Claire and Young Ian’s attempt to rescue Roger from his Mohawk captors goes awry when a ghost from Claire’s past lays waste to their plan. Meanwhile, Brianna worries Claire, Jamie and Roger might not return.

And NCIS Los Angeles, "Smokescreen":

The NCIS team partners with the FBI to locate a terrorist cell in Los Angeles believed to be prepping for an imminent attack




Oh, we did watch Bohemian Rhapsody last night. It was good overall. I teared up a couple times and so made that he died with so much left to do. The movie has been nominated for awards, etc. But I'm wondering if the acclaim is more for acknowledging what an amazing person Freddie Mercury and the band were than for actual GOOD FILM MAKING.


The actor who plays Freddie Mercury does a good job, and has already won a Golden Globe so far, but he plays him TOO effeminately -- yes Freddie Mercury was gay but he was not a girly gay man  --- which was brought home when at the end of the movie there is footage of the real man during the credits. There is just a raw powerful sexuality that was missing.


 

The casting of the band was terrific. And of course the movie plays fast and loose with the facts. But being reminded of Queen's FAN FREAKING TASTIC performance at Live Aid was good.


So, yeah, glad we watched it. I'd watch it again and recommend it.


Have a good weekend




Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: