Friday, July 26, 2024

Weekend


TGIF

It's almost time for the annual GarbAugust readathon. Last year, I read MAGNOLIA PARKS by Jessa Hastings. There is a certain generation of females on BookTube who are obsessed with this book and its series/world. Obsessed. I tried it so I can form my own opinion.

I meant to read the first Doc Savage pulp book but I never got around to it. Maybe this is the year.

What is GarbAugust? Celebrating and reading those books that YOU deem to be trashy. Perhaps they're so bad they're good. Perhaps they're guilty pleasures. It's entirely subjective. Your judgement.

So I started to compile a list of options that I could get behind. I was thinking pulp mysteries, fun titles, and LitRPG-type SFF. My only caveat is that they're available on Kindle.


For the weekend, I have some library books came up that I need to get going on:



Ohhhhh .... And the James Patterson could be a double whammy: counting as GarbAugust and an August scavenger hunt prompt "Book from a long series". Plus I'm reading the two I'm already in the middle of. 

No plans this weekend other than sprints tomorrow afternoon. Much, much crocheting to be done. Walking Keo, napping, etc. etc.

Have a good weekend

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster 

No comments: