Sunday, February 26, 2012

... it's a perfect day for napping....


I forget to mention that after work on Friday I stopped at Albertson's to pick up some groceries, including a bottle of wine for the fish recipe I was doing that night. And yes I would be drinking it eventually. I GOT CARDED and the lady was SERIOUS. It wasn't a I-have-to-check-everyone situation; she really meant it. So I gave her my driver's license. She said, "wow, you had me fooled." Not bad for 45, eh?

It is snowing. I walked the dogs at 7:30; Coda chased a jackrabbit the size of a Labrador but didn't stand a chance. I'm sure he thought he was in rabbit heaven. I then picked up the WSJ and Billings Gazette -- it's just a news reading kind of day. I would like to listen to some things on the computer along with doing clothes laundry. We'll see.

I'm nearing the end of the Robb book. A solid procedural after the emotional stuff in the last book.

Last night we watched the first two episodes on DVD of the first season of the TV show Justified that shows on the FX channel. Everyone, and I mean everyone, kept saying how wonderful it was. And I have to say ... it was really good. We now have something to watch on Saturday nights. A few months ago, we made a marathon of the Starz show Strike Back, watching two episodes per Saturday night. It's nice to have something again.

Tonight, is the Academy Awards. I don't really know who/what's up for them nor do I plan to watch. Downton Abbey is done now on Masterpiece and they're starting Dickens' The Old Curiosity Shop. I don't know if I'll watch that or not. Otherwise, we'll watch The Walking Dead and then I'll probably read.

Gotta keep moving on catching up on news, maybe make a cuppa tea. Have a cozy day!

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: