Friday, February 24, 2012

Truth in advertising


Isn’t it funny how we change? I've changed reading habits over the years but I'm thinking right now of The Oscars. The Academy Awards used to be a big deal to me to watch each year and I couldn’t care less this time. The lives of those people are so far from reality of real people. And the awards themselves are really just an elaborate marketing strategy for their products. Will I watch? I don’t think so. I truly think that we as a people are being diverted and numbed into caring about the entertainment industry so we won’t pay attention to the real things. Bread and circuses.

I will probably finish the Robb book this weekend. Next up I’m thinking is IN THE GARDEN OF BEASTS by Erik Larson. Nonfiction. About Germany in the 30s as Hitler and his atrocities were building and the American ambassador who was assigned there at that time.

Tonight is Say Yes to the Dress and Spartacus on TV. I'm experimenting with a fish recipe, so we'll see how it goes over with Himself.

Not sure what this weekend will bring. I should go to Petsmart and get some dog food. Otherwise, I could clean, organize, etc. etc. Will I? Maybe; maybe not. Maybe I’ll just read. Ha!

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: