Friday, February 13, 2015

You can't choose who (or what) you love.


No particular plans for the weekend. Valentine's Day is tomorrow. I think we'll do our "special" dinner tonight because we always have bad luck trying to do take out on that day. So, cleaning, vacuuming, reading, etc. etc.

Coming out this weekend in movies is 50 Shades of Grey. Very controversial for explicit BDSM. I read the books so that I would be knowledgeable to talk about them. I was concerned about the first book that young readers without life experience would confuse the obsession and graphic sexual encounters as what love is. The later two books deal more with the relationship so it did get better in the end. As a reader, I don't mind reading erotica if there is not abuse. What I hate and what I'm seeing a lot on line is people having opinions about it without reading the books or seeing the movie and in general bashing genre reading. I don't like stupid bullies.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: