Tuesday, October 27, 2015

No, you has my breakfast and snacks for several days


I have a mouse in my home. Today, I found that it had gotten into my closet/pantry where I'm storing my Nutrisystem meals. It decided to try several breakfasts and snacks. It didn't just eat them. It sampled several after eating through the protective packaging. The Nutrisystem food isn't that good. Really. But so far both Coda and this mouse have decided to partake in my food source. Not happy.


I didn't watch Supergirl last night because I was so tired. I read some FRANKENSTEIN and then zonked out probably around 8. Tonight I have Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Episode five: "4722 Hours":



We find out what exactly happened to Agent Jemma Simmons after she was yanked into the Kree monolith and vanished in last season's finale. Even getting an astounding visual answer on her whereabouts – that she was on an alien planet, a dry, barren and lifeless world where there's nothing to be found but sand and some human skeletons --  still was only a tease, as Simmons was rescued a couple episodes ago, but clearly she is the worse for wear… and not talking about what she experienced. “4722 Hours” will explain Simmons’ story during those six months she was gone.

It's been a beautiful, dark, rainy day October day. Sigh.


And I'm so enjoying the language of FRANKENSTEIN:
But this was a luxury of sensation that could not endure; I became fatigued with excess of bodily exertion and sank on the damp grass in the sick impotence of despair. There was none among the myriads of men that existed who would pity or assist me; and should I feel kindness towards my enemies? No; from that moment I declared everlasting war against the species, and more than all, against him who had formed me and sent me forth to this insupportable misery.
The sun rose; I heard the voices of men and knew that it was impossible to return to my retreat during that day. Accordingly I hid myself in some thick underwood, determining to devote the ensuing hours to reflection on my situation.
The pleasant sunshine and the pure air of day restored me to some degree of tranquility; and when I considered what had passed at the cottage, I could not help believing that I had been too hasty in my conclusions. I had certainly acted imprudently. It was apparent that my conversation had interested the father in my behalf, and I was a fool in having exposed my person to the horror of his children. I ought to have familiarized the old De Lacey to me, and by degrees to have discovered myself to the rest of his family, when they should have been prepared for my approach. But I did not believe my errors to be irretrievable, and after much consideration I resolved to return to the cottage, seek the old man, and by my representations win him to my party.
 (Mary Shelley)

Have a great day.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: