Monday, June 26, 2017

OhmyGod, it's Monday and it's hooooooooooottttt.



Double whammy.

I'm currently reading SUPERVILLAINS ANONYMOUS by Lexie Dunne, 2nd of 3 in the Superheroes Anonymous series right after I finished the first one because it ended on a freaking cliffhanger.

New superhero Gail Godwin, the one and only Hostage Girl, is in big trouble: her nemesis Chelsea is loose, her trainer AngĂ©lica is dead, and everybody thinks Gail did it. To make matters worse, Davenport Industries has thrown her into a prison that just happens to be full of the very same supervillains who used to kidnap her on an almost daily basis. Outside, things aren't going all that great either. There's a conspiracy that runs all the way to the bedrock of the superhero community, and it's affecting everybody Gail loves. With her friends in the crosshairs, it's up to her to escape and get to the bottom of things. Subterfuge, crime-fighting, and running away from everybody you know should be a cinch, right? Wrong. Gail faces off against hero and villain alike just to stay alive. And you know what they say about supervillains: if you can't beat them…join them.

Published in 2015; 352 pages.

This weekend was pretty good, though I didn't go to circle on Friday because I apparently ate a salad that had some wheat berries in it and I haven't had grains in my system for a year and my system didn't like it. I was better the next morning.


On Saturday I accompanied Steve while he finalized the purchase of his new truck and then that evening we went to see our service manager's roller derby game. Yes, I'm from Montana, why do you ask?


And I had my class last night.


Tonight we have the season premiere of Street Outlaws New Orleans. Two hours. I'll watch with Steve. Which means I need to meditate before that.


Have a good rest of your day



Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: