Tuesday, October 30, 2018

I hrumph in your general direction



Sickness in the office place. Last week it was the sales guy. This week it's the receptionist. I'm not going to succumb to it.



Tonight on TV, I have This Is Us, "Kamsahamnida":



Kate struggles with Toby's depression. Randall makes time for Kevin, who obsesses about Jack's past.
Steve has a board meeting. Hopefully I can get some stuff done. I don't know if I'll watch this episode tonight. I didn't get anything done on the book last night due to unforeseen crap. Thursday is coming up fast. I may have to alter NaNoWriMo to mean not "writing at full tilt to get 1667 words a day done" but more along the lines of "aggressively structuring the plot."




Currently reading (squee!)  TOMBLAND by CJ Sansom 7th of 7 in series featuring Matthew Shardlake, a lawyer in mid-16th century England.


Spring, 1549. Two years after the death of Henry VIII, England is sliding into chaos. The nominal king, Edward VI, is eleven years old. His uncle, Edward Seymour, Lord Hertford, rules as Edward's regent and Protector. In the kingdom, radical Protestants are driving the old religion into extinction, while the Protector's prolonged war with Scotland has led to hyperinflation and economic collapse. Rebellion is stirring among the peasantry. Matthew Shardlake has been working as a lawyer in the service of Henry's younger daughter, the lady Elizabeth. The gruesome murder of one of Elizabeth's distant relations, rumored to be politically murdered, draws Shardlake and his companion Nicholas to the lady's summer estate, where a second murder is committed. As the kingdom explodes into rebellion, Nicholas is imprisoned for his loyalty, and Shardlake must decide where his loyalties lie--with his kingdom, or with his lady?

Publishing in the US 2019; 880 pages. This is a UK release via BookDepository. The frustrating thing is I can't just jump in and devour it. I've got my book to work on. This fabulous book will have to be read in dribs and drabs until the end of November.



Have a good day



Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: