Tuesday, October 9, 2018

I'm ready for a holiday ... any holiday ...


Tuesday. It's only Tuesday.


Steve has another fund raising board meeting. I have This Is Us, "Katie Girls":


The Pearsons rally around Kate as she undergoes a medical procedure.



But I also hope to work on my book. I was kind of stalled out waiting for a book to be released that I discovered a month ago but just came out today. It was a great help to break a story down into three acts and fifteen beats. I had read a sample a month ago. Great! But waiting.

Novelist Jessica Brody presents a comprehensive story-structure guide for novelists that applies the famed Save the Cat! screenwriting methodology to the world of novel writing. Revealing the 15 "beats" (plot points) that comprise a successful story--from the opening image to the finale--this book lays out the Ten Story Genres (Monster in the House; Whydunit; Dude with a Problem) alongside quirky, original insights (Save the Cat; Shard of Glass) to help novelists craft a plot that will captivate--and a novel that will sell.

Published 2018; 320 pages. Her sample included breaking down of THE HUNGER GAMES, a book I've read many times, which really helped me. Cross your fingers the rest of the book can, too.




Have a good day



Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: