Friday, December 10, 2021

Ahhhhhh Friday


 TGIF

 

 

I've got the beading group Christmas party tomorrow. We were asked to bring finger food and a pattern to give as a group gift. For the food, I'm putting together antipasto skewers kinda like this photo:

 


 I've got green olives stuffed with garlic, black kalamata olives, mozarella, cherry tomatoes, dried apricot, cheese tortellini, genoa salami, chedder cheese, grapes, cantaloupe wrapped in prosciutto. Balsamic vinegar in a little side cup if they want. I know it sounds like a lot but those skewers are long.

 For the pattern exchange I'm giving this one:

 


This is by one of my favorite designers selling on Etsy. It's not an obvious Christmas bracelet pattern but has the colors of a retro/classic Christmas and it is named "Noelle". I wanted to keep it as a specific stitch (peyote) because one of the beading group (Jim) doesn't really like to venture outside of that stitch in his beading.  


I also picked up a couple bottles of the chocolate wine that is sold at Albertsons that is really good. I get some this time of year anyway for the past few years. I brought it last Christmas to the party and it was a hit. I also picked up for myself, while I was at the grocery store, some peppermint ice cream. I finally remembered to look for it and they had it in! Oh and I got some eggnog. I'm trying to get into Christmas. 

 


This could help. Here's Prince William's and Catherine's Christmas photo for this year.

 

The kids are getting big, particularly Louis who is only three but looks older and a heart-breaker. Charlotte is going to be gorgeous.

Tonight I'll assemble the skewers. No other plans for this weekend. Steve is home with a cold (I feel fine). I'll read and maybe bead. I need to work on ornaments and gifts. Yes, still.

 


Have a good weekend

 


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster 

No comments: