Thursday, December 2, 2021

Ignoring previous day? Looking forward to tomorrow?


 Thursday

 


 I worked on the FOC necklace last night and it came out pretty good. I have to do some tweaking on it this evening.

 


 I have until Monday to get the others done. I'll post photos when all are done.

 I was looking for an audiobook to listen to at work. Of course I got interested in a book that did not have an audiobook. So I guess I'm also reading PAYMENT DEFERRED by Joyce Holms. 1st of 9 in series featuring Tam Buchanan, a lawyer, and his law student assistant Fizz Fitzgerald, in Edinburgh, Scotland.

 


When solicitor Tam Buchanan first encounters 'Fizz', his heart sinks. The young woman with the guileless expression sitting outside his Legal Advice office in Edinburgh looks far too young to stand the pace as his assistant. But Fizz's innocent appearance belies the reality. Soon to be a mature student of Law, she's very bright, utterly single-minded - and has a rare talent for making people talk. People like Murray Kingston, who Tam to his horror finds ensconced in Fizz's office late one morning. Widely regarded as the lowest of the low, Murray Kingston has served three years for molesting has daughter Debbie after his wife's death. Now he says he was framed, and he wants Debbie back.His only hope is that Tam can find a way to make the Procurator Fiscal re-open the case. Is that so much to ask of an old friend?

Published 1996; 392 pages.

 However the search for an audiobook continues.

Tonight, I'll keep beading.

 

 

Have a good day

 


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster 

No comments: