Tuesday, June 14, 2022

I'm being good ... go home now?


 Tuesday


  I've got a few books going but I thought I'd add one more. I'm currently re-reading ON BASILISK STATION by David Weber. 1st of 14 in Honor Harrington scifi series.

 


Having made an Admiral look a fool, she's been exiled to Basilisk Station in disgrace and set up for ruin by a superior who hates her. Her demoralized crew blames her for their ship's humiliating posting to an out-of-the-way picket station. Parliament isn't sure it wants to keep the place; the major local industry is smuggling; the merchant cartels want her head; the star-conquering, so-called "Republic" of Haven is Up To Something; and Honor Harrington has a single, over-age light cruiser with an armament that doesn't work to police the entire star system. But the people out to get her have made one mistake. They've made her mad.

 Published 1999; 338 pages. I think I first read this book in 2013. I haven't completed the series -- and there are tangent series as well -- but I wanted to experience the set up the Weber's character and world building of a strong female character again.

Today is Day 15 of my Eat Like a Cow food plan. Today's RBS (ridiculously big salad) was romaine lettuce, maple sausage, sugar snap peas, baby carrots and white onions that I'd steamed the night before, and some scallions with Paul Newmans Sesame Ginger dressing. It was so nummy.

 


 I forgot the water chestnuts I was going to add. This is definitely going on the regular rotation list. I based it somewhat on the Egg Roll soup I've made a lot of. I'm getting a good repertoire of salads that I'm liking to keep me satisfied and happy.

 


Not much else going on.

Have a good day

 


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster 

No comments: