Friday, April 14, 2023

Goodbye awful week

 TGIF.



 No bead group tomorrow. The room was reserved by some other group at the coffee shop and two of the regular four who show up had other things going on. So we cancelled.

 


I've got online reading sprints on Sunday afternoon. It's a scavenger hunt one. The prompt was "first letter in the title starts with the first letter of your name." I had looked around for something spectacular and cozy and different. I had found some contenders. But then I decided to not work so hard at it because life is stressful right now. The one I chose was one I was going to be reading this month anyway and my current read.

 


I'm also reading some nonfiction right now, I have the Spy x Family manga, and a romance hold just came available to me. It was recommended as a Cinderella-type story which I was interested in.

A KISS AT MIDNIGHT by Eloisa James. 1st of 5 in FairyTales romance.


 Miss Kate Daltry doesn't believe in fairy tales . . . or happily ever after. Forced by her stepmother to attend a ball, Kate meets a prince... and decides he's anything but charming. A clash of wits and wills ensues, but they both know their irresistible attraction will lead nowhere. For Gabriel is promised to another woman—a princess whose hand in marriage will fulfill his ruthless ambitions. Gabriel likes his fiancee, which is a welcome turn of events, but he doesn't love her. Obviously, he should be wooing his bride-to-be, not the witty, impoverished beauty who refuses to fawn over him. Godmothers and glass slippers notwithstanding, this is one fairy tale in which destiny conspires to destroy any chance that Kate and Gabriel might have a happily ever after. Unless a prince throws away everything that makes him noble... Unless a dowry of an unruly heart trumps a fortune... Unless one kiss at the stroke of midnight changes everything.

Published 2010; 387 pages. I've got two weeks on it.

I'd like to do some -- dare I verbalize it -- cleaning this weekend. Otherwise, hang out with Keo, nap, and read.

 


Have a good weekend

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: