Monday, April 17, 2023

Monday, it always happens every week


 Monday


I finally finished the Deanna Raybourn book. 4 stars. I wasn't slumping last week; I just didn't have a lot of reading mojo. 


 On Sunday I finished FINWELL BAY by Nathan Lowell. 3rd of trilogy, Shaman's Tales from the Golden Age of the Solar Clipper series, SFF.

When Jimmy Pirano gets called to the home office, his sister Angela gets stuck with sorting out the mess he leaves behind. Otto Krugg must find a way to continue after his losses. Can he find happiness on the other end of the South Coast?

Published 2020; 362 pages. 4 to 4.5 stars.

This week, a BookTube lady I follow, Sarah, is doing a personal challenge of page numbers read and I'm liking that kind of nudge. I'm aiming for 1000 pages by let's say Sunday. I was able to read 387 pages yesterday. 


I was going to maybe read a big epic fantasy to hit the 1000 pages easily -- I have a lot of those on my TBR -- but I've opted to go with smaller books to boost my total books read in April.

Currently reading REBEL by Jenny Schwartz. 3rd of 5 in Adventures of a Xeno-Archeologist sci fi series. 


 Life is complicated along the Hadrian Line. Decisions made on the border will decide the fate of the entire Human Sector. Nora is adjusting to her new role as a player in the games of the powerful. She's gained some interesting enemies and some even more dubious allies. She has also been presented with a unique opportunity, courtesy of Jonah. The question is, who can she trust to explore it with her? Independent action is a necessity for the sole Royal Capitoline Navy captain patrolling the border region. But Liam will have to defend his actions later in front of the Admiralty board. How can he best serve his realm? By a rigid definition of duty and defense of the status quo, or is there a greater cause, one worth his career and his very life?

Published 2021; 222 pages. 

Will also be starting ESPRESSO by M.L. Hamilton. 3rd of 8 in Zion Sawyer mysteries.


 Tate left the LAPD after his partner Jason died. He didn’t want to discuss the traumatic experience with anyone, but when a former brother in blue arrives in Sequoia, Tate is forced to confront his demons or start running again. Zion has made a home in Sequoia, but her conflict between her past with David and her future with Tate must be reconciled. However, when her best friend Rebekah winds up on her doorstep, Zion finds her attention divided between her life and the train-wreck that has become Rebekah’s. With the first annual Halloween festival fast approaching, the townspeople in Sequoia are confronted with the possibility that violence might once again visit their town, and both Tate and Zion are caught right in the middle of it. 

Published 2017; 305 pages.

As something to listen to at work and more in the romance line to keep it all separate, I'll be starting THE FINE PRINT by Lauren Asher. 1st of Dreamland Billionaires trilogy.


Rowan: I’m in the business of creating fairy tales.Theme parks. Production companies. Five-star hotels. Everything could be all mine if I renovated Dreamland. My initial idea of hiring Zahra was good in theory, but then I kissed her.Things spiraled out of control once I texted her using an alias. By the time I realized where I went wrong, it was too late.People like me don’t get happy endings. Not when we’re destined to ruin them.

Zahra: After submitting a drunk proposal criticizing Dreamland’s most expensive ride, I should have been fired. Instead, Rowan Kane offered me a dream job. The catch? I had to work for the most difficult boss I’d ever met. Rowan was rude and completely off-limits, but my heart didn’t care. At least not until I discovered his secret. It was time to teach the billionaire that money couldn’t fix everything. Especially not us.
Published 2021; 448 pages. I'm listening to the audiobook via Audible. Holy moly, the male performer's voice is a DEEP bass and I love it. I kinda don't really care what the book is about, I wanna hear the voice. But this was on my TBR as a Kindle Unlimited so I was going to get to it eventually. Probably.
Plus I have a new CS Harris historical mystery being released tomorrow. 


 I've got reading sprints at 5pm this evening. I'll listen on the drive home and then participate for real after I feed Keo and Steve.

Have a good day


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: