Monday, July 3, 2023

Patriotic

UPDATE: Going home early this afternoon for the holiday. Have a safe and happy Independence Day.

Monday

 It was a good reading weekend. I finished both the Nathan Lowell (5stars) and the Shannon Stacey (4stars).

 I'm back to the Hilliard but also reading MARK OF THE LION by Suzanne Arruda. 1st of 7 in series featuring Jade del Cameron, an ambulance driver in WWI and adventurer in 1919-1920s colonial East Africa

 After driving an ambulance along the front lines of World War I, she can fire a rifle with deadly precision. Still suffering trauma from the Great War, she sets off for Africa determined to fulfill a man's dying wish...never expecting to become involved in murder.

Published 2006; 364 pages. I've known about this series since this first book was published but never got around to it. I'm reading it now for next weekend's scavenger hunt prompt, " Book set in a different country other than your own". Picture Out of Africa with crime solving.

We had a lot of fireworks on Saturday night but not very much last night. I expect tonight and tomorrow night will be booming.

 Keo's okay with them -- I just want to sleep on Tuesday night because of work the next morning.

 No plans. Tonight I'll be joining reading sprints after getting home and taking care of Keo. Tomorrow, just leisure-ing.


 Have a good day


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: