Thursday, February 1, 2024

Thursday (eye roll)


Thursday

I'm DNFing ONCE UPON A BROKEN HEART. I believe I'm learning that "young adult fantasy" is just not my thing.

Rather than "young adult" in terms of character development and story ... I'm just seeing "juvenile". 

Yeah that too. My first official DNF of the year. Not a pause. I'm done. I'm recognizing that my February Fantasy month isn't necessarily READING all that I've bookmarked but to see if I WANT TO READ them. By not enjoying this book, saves me from putting three books on my TBR. 

So now the question is ... what do I read now? So many options. I don't know what is calling to me other than I think I'd better avoid a romance fantasy for the moment. 

After much debating with myself, I think I'll continue with a book I started a long time ago and have always meant to finish because I did love the trilogy so much:

HEIR OF NOVRON by Michael J. Sullivan. Volume three of three in Riyria Revelations. 

The New Empire intends to celebrate its victory over the Nationalists with a day that will never be forgotten. On the high holiday of Wintertide, they plan to execute two traitors (Degan Gaunt and the Witch of Melengar) as well as force the Empress into a marriage of their own design. But they didn’t account for Royce and Hadrian finally locating the Heir of Novron—or the pair’s desire to wreak havoc on the New Empire’s carefully crafted scheme.

Published 2012; 924 pages. The Garber book is threatening to put me into a slump so I need a sure thing to avoid that calamity.

I've got sprints tonight. I'll hopefully listen to the audiobook of this while working on some crochet. 


Have a good 


...day

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: