Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Me, when I get a new book

Can Something be as Equally Cute as it is Creepy?

I finished the CS Harris book last night. Fantabulous as always. Love and adore that series. Next up, THE OUTCAST DEAD by Elly Griffiths. This is 6th of 6 in series featuring r. Ruth Galloway, a forensic archaeologist, and Harry Nelson, a detective chief inspector, in the Saltmarsh area near Norfolk, England. Here is a description:
Every year a ceremony is held at Norwich Castle for the bodies in the paupers’ graves: the Service for the Outcast Dead. Ruth has a particular interest in this year’s proceedings. Her recent dig at Norwich Castle turned up the body of the notorious Mother Hook, who was hanged in 1867 for the murder of five children. Now Ruth is the reluctant star of the TV series Women Who Kill, working alongside the program’s alluring history expert, Professor Frank Barker. DCI Harry Nelson is immersed in the case of three children found dead in their home. He is sure that the mother is responsible. Then another child is abducted and a kidnapper dubbed the Childminder claims responsibility. Are there two murderers afoot, or is the Childminder behind all the deaths? The team must race to find out—and the stakes couldn’t be any higher when another child goes missing.

It was published March 2014 and has 384 pages. I really enjoy this series despite being in present tense. This is my reward for the week of working hard. 

Tonight I have Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D to watch on TV. Huzzah!  Have I mentioned I love Agent Coulson? Yes, yes I have.



I mean, come on, how can you not love him? Look at him!

And then I'll read.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: