Thursday, June 19, 2014

Dog sees Dad after Dad's being gone over 6 months (tissue alert)




Some readers are locked into one type of book and that is it. No straying, no temptation, no tasting, no peeking. I am glad to say that I'm attracted to many types of story telling and learning. And I'm always on the look out for new books that attract my attention.

Yes, I read a plethora of historical mysteries because I like learning about other eras in a soft way and I like that the crime solver has to use the "science" of the time they are in, i.e. pretty much just talking to people and puzzling out the information gathered.

I like nonfiction because I like expanding my knowledge base. I like romance occasionally, and even sometimes erotica, because ... it's love. And love is all you need.  I like SFF because I love reading authors' world building. I'm currently reading a lot of young adult dystopians, probably again for the world building.

Of course I have my preferences within each of these. Likes and dislikes.  An example, I don't like SFF with aliens. Just don't. I don't like romances with cowboys/Indians/West.   I prefer western culture historical mysteries and any era up until about 1930s. Weird, I know. I like "smart" books; where an author has done an intelligent job of telling their story. 

I've also reached the age where I can now re-read stuff I enjoyed in my teens and 20s (30s?) and they are practically new which is kind of exciting. Plus I have 20+ years' experience to have a different perspective on them.

Just give me the time and the means to read, I'm happy. Deliriously happy. :)

No news yet from the vet. Ryker got scared of a couple fireworks going off in our neighborhood last night and REALLY became a lap dog which is something he does so rarely. Not much else happening.

Have a lovely.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: