Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Some days are like that


With Netflix now developing original programming, it has become a market for shows trying to find airtime. A beloved show, Gilmore Girls, ran from 2000 until 2007. It is coming back for a few episodes on Netflix with most of the original cast. The fans are .... pleased.


Ok, yeah it's a big event for TV fandom. In preparation for the new episodes, Netflix has made all seven seasons available for binge watching.


I enjoyed most of the series myself -- the last couple were produced by someone else and the focus went wonky. I think, however, that it made a whole generation have unreal and unhealthy mother-daughter relationship expectations. It was a TV show where mom/daughter were best friends, not having the boundaries that should be there. But I am re-watching the first season right now. I enjoy the banter and can appreciate the writing of it even more but I have to say if I had Lorelai in my real life, she would drive me crazy. She behaves like a sugar-high five year old.


I get enough of that at work. And it is kinda neat to see the younger versions of those who have been successful since that series.

Steve has shooting tonight. Nothing on TV for me so I shall amuse myself otherwise.


Or this.



Ok, I'm outta here.



Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: