Monday, April 8, 2019

You WILL go to work today


We're back at it. Monday.


Hopefully it will be a smooth ride.


On TV tonight we'll probably watch Street Outlaws. It's our usual Monday viewing.


Nothing was on last night so we watched the first episode on AMC of A Discovery of Witches.


I read the book back when it came out in 2011. I don't really mind witches and this was set in Oxford at the Bodleian Library....

 
.........and caught my imagination .... when with no warning a damn vampire showed up and is central to the story....


 ...... and I hate vampires, I don't find them sexy or attractive but I was already hooked on the story by then. So I kept reading it.  And enjoyed it a lot. (I chose to somehow make an exception for the vampires )


In fact, they became so popular that not only have they made a miniseries of it but I believe there is also an annual convention dedicated to it. I've read the first and the second of the trilogy (when they go back in time to the Elizabethan period) (yes, witches and vampires and demons and time traveling) but I never did get around to reading the third when it came out.


I know I know. So since it's been since 2011, I'm starting to re-read A DISCOVERY OF WITCHES by Deborah Harkness. 1st in the All Souls trilogy.


Deep in the stacks of Oxford's Bodleian Library, young scholar Diana Bishop unwittingly calls up a bewitched alchemical manuscript in the course of her research. Descended from an old and distinguished line of witches, Diana wants nothing to do with sorcery; so after a furtive glance and a few notes, she banishes the book to the stacks. But her discovery sets a fantastical underworld stirring, and a horde of daemons, witches, and vampires soon descends upon the library. Diana has stumbled upon a coveted treasure lost for centuries-and she is the only creature who can break its spell.

Published 2011; 594 pages.


Nothing to report on from the weekend. I have gone back to my paleo food plan. I gotta get healthy.



Have a good day



Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: