Wednesday, March 20, 2024

I could say something ... but I won't


Wednesday. Receptionist out. Again. Still. 

Supposedly she'll be in at 1pm. I'm hoping so because I have to take Keo to the vet this afternoon for another ear infection. 

I finished DOUBLE AGENT by Tom Bradby. Giving it 4 stars. It loses a half a star for a rushing ending. 

I haven't read a scifi book in quite a while so that's where I've been looking around for my read options. I think I'll be sticking with a book that I've tried to read for years. Perhaps, now is the time. AGENT OF CHANGE by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller. 1st published in Liaden Universe series. 

Val Con yos’Phelium—interstellar spy, starship pilot, musician, and incidentally, a brother to Clutch Turtles. Running from an assassination he comes upon Miri Robertson, a not-so-retired mercenary soldier born to trouble on a back world and facing disastrously uneven odds in a firefight with her former employer’s enemies. Terran Miri Robertson was a mercenary, but she retired to a cushy job as a private bodyguard. What she didn't know what that her client had powerful enemies. Now he's dead, and they're after her. Forced to intervene, Val Con becomes a target himself, and the pair are hunted, hounded across space, becoming unwilling partners of necessity. Facing terrible danger from within and without, their own skills and training argue that one of them must die if either is to survive. But Val Con has faced tricky situations before, and he's not about to let something like impossible odds get him down. 

Published 1988; 320 pages.

Steve's got the gun range tonight. I don't have sprints but I'll be doing the same stuff that I normally do.  

Have a good day

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: