Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Da Dum... Da Dum... Da Dum...



I get obsessions with bands and their music, I know this about myself. The Beatles of course has been since I was born I think. The Who since 2008. Now, I'm obsessing over The Eagles. Of course I've always loved them. I distinctly remember singing along sometime in Junior High; we had their Greatest Hits LP and I particularly remember singing along with Desperado (STILL one of my two most favorites of theirs - the other is Take It To the Limit) and figuring out that I could hold a tune. Showtime has been showing a documentary called The History of the Eagles and I've caught it a few times and that has renewed my love of their harmonies. Damn, their harmonies were amazing especially in the early years.Youtube is amazing for videos but I wish there was more from the 70s from them in the footage.

You know, my taste in music is very 60s and 70s oriented. If I could go back in time, yes it would be great to see the Beatles, but I'm thinking I'd like to go back to around 1973/1974 and see all the great bands at that time that they had just released fantastic albums: The Who (Quadrophenia), Paul McCartney and Wings (Band on the Run), Pink Floyd (Dark Side of the Moon), The Eagles (Desperado), etc, etc.

The other obsession I'm having is regarding a book. You know a book is good when there is a little invisible string that is connecting you to a character that, when you have to set the book down, there is a little niggling of anxiety. For me right now it is UNDONE by Karin Slaughter, the character of Will Trent. Some books don't do that, you can walk away and feel nothing,  but when an author makes such a great character so REAL... 

Steve has shooting tonight; I'm hoping to read. I didn't do very much last night. 

Much love, 
PK the Bookeemonster 

No comments: