Thursday, August 8, 2013

I'm not always snarky....

Sew DATZ Hao Goggiez Dew It!


I finished Karin Slaughter's book, UNSEEN, last night. Wow. Two years in a row, she's in my top ten of the year. Rarely, when I finish a book, do I want to turn right around and read it again. I did with this one. I haven't felt that since THE HUNGER GAMES. I still may go back an rereads parts. I have a short, 77 page, prequel of sorts on the Kindle I just discovered so I have that to read. Otherwise, I have to wait a whole 'nother year until I can visit them again. Dammit, books are irritating.

And now for something completely different (Monty Python!).... I'm currently reading THE PASSION OF THE PURPLE PLUMERIA (say that fast five times) by Lauren Willig. This is 10th of 10 in series featuring Eloise Kelly, a Harvard grad student writing her Ph.D. dissertation on spies of the late 18th and early 19th century (framing the historical story), and the spies in the Pink Carnation ring (think THE SCARLET PIMPERNEL). Here is a description:
Colonel William Reid has returned home from India to retire near his children, who are safely stowed at an academy in Bath. Upon his return to the Isles, however, he finds that one of his daughters has vanished, along with one of her classmates. Because she served as second-in-command to the Pink Carnation, one of England’s most intrepid spies, it would be impossible for Gwendolyn Meadows to give up the intrigue of Paris for a quiet life in the English countryside—especially when she’s just overheard news of an alliance forming between Napoleon and an Ottoman Sultan. But, when the Pink Carnation’s little sister goes missing from her English boarding school, Gwen reluctantly returns home to investigate the girl’s disappearance. Thrown together by circumstance, Gwen and William must cooperate to track down the young ladies before others with nefarious intent get their hands on them. But Gwen’s partnership with quick-tongued, roguish William may prove to be even more of an adventure for her than finding the lost girls….
 Published in August of 2013, it has 480 pages. This is one of the couple I received this week.

I'm still obsessing with the Eagles. Listened to their music at work all day. Randy Meisner was a cutie. :) Why is it (almost) always the brunette bassists singing the high notes that I like? (a la Paul McCartney)






Tonight I have Motive to watch and otherwise I hope to read.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster 

No comments: