Monday, April 27, 2015

Goodbye weekend ... I miss you already


Did y'all have a good weekend? It was mostly rainy here ... lovely, just lovely. We went out for breakfast Saturday morning, I napped, surfed the Internet, etc.

Okay. It's time to call it a reading slump. Not a drought because I have plenty to read. It's a SLUMP.  Normally I'm like this:


This whole freakin' month I've been like this:





Recently of course it's because of this show (Arrow):


And his dimples:


But looking at the month of April in general, I only had a couple new books being released. So it's the publishers' faults.


May has better read-immediately books for me coming:

On the 5th:

On the 12th:


On the 15th:


On the 19th:


So I anticipate a better outcome. Soon.

We had a new episode of Outlander to watch this past weekend. There's a scene where Jaime comes to bed extremely drunk after being welcomed back home as Laird. A meme has been created that I just love:


And then we had Game of Thrones on Sunday. There was a wedding and --- oddly --- no one died. How novel. And the thought came to me that I would totally watch an entire of show of half Cersei and Margaery and Tyrion and Varys. First, Cersei and Margaery as they heave sweet verbal barbs at each other. Like a true queen, Margaey the Magnificent wastes no time establishing dominance: Within two minutes, she’s called Cersei, still generally considered a great beauty, both old and an alcoholic—all while feigning pure affection and propriety (then she mentions how fun it’s been screwing her underage son):


  • “Can we bring you anything to eat or drink? I wish we had some wine for you, it’s a bit early in the day for us.”
  • “[I’m] exhausted, to be honest, but what can I expect? [Tommen] is half-lion, half-stallion.”
  • “Oh, I always forget—what is the proper way to address you now? Queen Mother or Dowager Queen? ... Anyway, judging from the king’s enthusiasm, the Queen Mother will be the Queen Grandmother soon!”


It *almost* makes you feel sympathetic toward Cersei. Ha ha, just joking. She has it coming to her so bring it on! The other half of a entire show I would watch is the Tyrion/Varys roadshow, the imp and the eunuch stuck in a carriage together, both extremely intelligent and sarcastic, bantering:


Tyrion: I have to get out of this wheelhouse.
Varys: Volantis is a large city.
Tyrion: I have to get out of this wheelhouse.
Varys: The likelihood of you being spotted here increases a hundred fold.
Tyrion: I have to get out of this wheelhouse.
Varys: I'm not sure how many new ways I can find of saying this.
Tyrion: I will not be of any use to Daenerys Targaryen if I lose my mind. I can't remember the last face I saw that wasn't yours.
Varys: It's a perfectly good face.
Tyrion: I'm losing my mind.
Varys: If anyone recognizes you, you'll lose more than...
Tyrion: Look, we are thousands of miles from Westeros. What am I?
Varys: One more drunk dwarf.

 ***


Varys: Where're you going?
Tyrion: I need to speak to someone with hair.




All right, off you go. Have a great Monday. Go forth and ....well, do as best you can then. 

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: