Tuesday, April 21, 2015

No, I'm not "up" to anything


Alternate caption:  Me, before a book sale. Precioussssss.... 

I forgot to mention that we bought a new vehicle on Friday. We didn't start out the day anticipating that would be happening, I assure you. But Steve has been wanting to get a new one for me to drive for a while now and I've kept putting him off saying Moby was fine and paid for. A Madsen family friend is a dealer and brought over a Lincoln Navigator, 2009, 76k miles while Steve was gone and asked if I wanted to take it for test drive. Be afraid when someone says that. Really.


It has:  Heated seats. Yes, I've been jealous of Steve's heated seats for a long time and even though we live in the banana belt of Montana, it is still a nice feature. And remote start. And third row seats are there or gone by a touch of a button. And a back-end camera for reversing. And a sun roof. And a DVD player (doesn't play in front if not in park, dammit). It's the same silver in color as the photo above so I'm not one of the gajillion white vehicles out there any more -- I'm one of the half gajillion silver ones. It has some dings and scratches but overall a very nice ride and will last a long time, hopefully. I think Steve is jealous now. 


Tonight, I have Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. to watch. Coulson photo!



Episode 18 -- The Frenemy of My Enemy:
"Grant Ward, who revealed himself as secret HYDRA agent, is Coulson's ace in the hole. In order to protect S.H.I.E.L.D. and himself, Coulson approaches Grant Ward. Supporting Coulson in his secret mission is Hunter. Meanwhile, the battle between the two groups continues. Elsewhere, Skye, who is training with her mother to master her superpowers, will find herself pulled into this war. She is not the only one to feel the impact. Lincoln will also get forcibly involved in the dispute."
And I love this clip:



COULSON, FITZ and HUNTER watch on screen while a bad guy runs toward them on a supposedly empty rooftop... 

HUNTER: That won't end well.

Man runs into and smooshes face on an invisible Quinjet .... 

COULSON, FITZ, and HUNTER (enjoying the moment): Ohhhhh.

There are two episodes left in the series after the Avengers 2 movie May 1st. There will be repercussions from the movie,  I'm sure. And word is there's a spin-off TV show featuring two characters from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Bobbi and Hunter.  I don't like splitting up the "family." :(

I need to put this mug on my wish list:


All the books. Mine. Mine. Mine.


Indeed. 
 
Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: