Monday, October 24, 2016

Can't unsee it


Wow, the season premiere of The Walking Dead was traumatizing. Really gruesome.


TWO deaths. Really bad deaths. Why do I watch it?  I didn't watch the show in the first season though Steve did. It actually isn't about zombies. It's about how people deal with and survive a catastrophic event. Are you a good person or not? What if you encounter people who are not? What if the only way to live was to be a bad person? What would you do to live or those you love to live? And this show doesn't sugar coat it. It's ugly and unfair. 

 

Soooooo, here we are and Monday looks rather good in comparison.


I don't really have anything on TV tonight. Conviction at 9 but I won't stay up for it. I'll watch it tomorrow via Amazon Instant Video.


I worked a bit on my project. I did some cleaning. Made a vat of soup. I started a book from the digital library. I may stay with it, I may not.

BRIMSTONE by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. 5th of 16 in series featuring Aloysius Pendergast, an FBI special agent.

Art critic Jeremy Grove is found dead, his face frozen in a mask of terror. His body temperature is grotesquely high; he is discovered in a room barricaded from the inside; the smell of brimstone is everywhere . . . and the unmistakable imprint of a claw is burned into the wall. As more bodies are discovered with an identical manner of death, the world begins to wonder if the Devil has come to collect his due.
Published in 2004, it has 696 pages.  Kinda appropriate for Halloween coming up.

Have a great day


Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: