Friday, October 14, 2016

I've got you, Steve


Currently also reading FILTHY RICH: A Powerful Billionaire, the Sex Scandal that Undid Him, and All the Justice that Money Can Buy: The Shocking True Story of Jeffrey Epstein by James Patterson and John Connolly

Jeffrey Epstein rose from humble origins to the rarefied heights of New York City's financial elite. A college dropout with an instinct for numbers--and for people--Epstein amassed his wealth through a combination of access and skill. But even after he had it all, Epstein wanted more. And that unceasing desire--especially a taste for young girls--resulted in his stunning fall from grace. From Epstein himself, to the girls he employed as masseuses at his home, to the cops investigating the appalling charges against him, FILTHY RICH examines all sides of a case that scandalized one of America's richest communities. An explosive true story, FILTHY RICH is a riveting account of wealth, power and the influence they bring to bear on the American justice system.
Published in 2016, it has 384 pages.

So. This evening is the viewing at the funeral home. Steve's brother David and his family arrive today.


It's not. The funeral is tomorrow morning with reception afterward. Then David wants to have a dinner get together after that at a nice restaurant like they did when their dad passed.


But we'll have to, dammit. But maybe that means we'll be done with people after that and we can have Sunday to recover and relax.


So.


I'm being a little snarky here because dealing with family is particularly hard. It will be extremely difficult for Steve and I'll be there at all times to support him.



Lean on Me - Bill Withers

Sometimes in our lives we all have pain
We all have sorrow
But if we are wise
We know that there's always tomorrow
Lean on me, when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on

Please swallow your pride
If I have faith you need to borrow
For no one can fill those of your needs
That you won't let show
You just call on me brother, when you need a hand
We all need somebody to lean on
I just might have a problem that you'll understand
We all need somebody to lean on

If there is a load you have to bear
That you can't carry
I'm right up the road
I'll share your load
If you just call me (call me)
If you need a friend (call me) call me uh huh(call me) if you need a friend (call me)
If you ever need a friend (call me)

Otherwise, I hope to do some reading this weekend. Have a good one




Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: