Thursday, November 10, 2016

Annual Significant Event day


Yeah.



 Not.

I received some nice flowers from work and a very, very funny card. My birthday/Christmas gift from Steve was the 4-wheeler. Ok, that's out of the way.


Not to be morbid or anything but I have been on the look out for music to play at my funeral. After Steve's mom's funeral, I decided there were things I did and didn't want at mine -- assuming I'll be having one. But no one is going to decide things for me. First, there will be no sermon. That's not a time for sales pitches like they did at Alice's. People are there for ME, dammit.


I want Amazing Grace on bagpipes.



I want someone to read a list that I'll make of my favorite things, things I liked, things I hated. Favorite movie, favorite comedy, favorite band, what meal I'd choose for a last one, favorite book, what fictional character I'd be, etc.

I'd probably have How Great Thou Art as sung by Carrie Underwood and Vince Gill. I've posted that recently here.

And I want it to end with this song, Are You Up There/I Believe:




I can't hear it enough right now. It's awesome. I can't find a good recording of this yet that tops this. I wish it were a cleaner audio.

I'm about to finish the Victoria Thompson book. Not much on TV unless we watch the finale of 60 Days In. No plans other than I'm not cooking this evening.

Have a great day!


Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: