Friday, November 18, 2016

I love you, weekend.

Oh Friday. At last.


I'm feeling better today after sleeping a lot last night and having some chicken soup.

On Sunday's NCIS: Los Angeles "Glasnost"
Callen interrogates his father after he is found in an NCIS patient's hospital room during a radiation poisoning case. Meanwhile, the team discusses their Thanksgiving plans.



The episodes about Callen's past are a running storyline since season one. They're rather boring to me but the other scenes may make it worth it.

We also have The Walking Dead. "Go Getters"
Surrounded by enemies and saddled with grief, members of the group hope to find safety at the Hilltop before it's too late.

One of my favorite books ever is DUNE by Frank Herbert and the subsequent books in the series. Tor.com is a Sci Fi publisher's website with lots of SFF info. One of the things they do is re-reads of great books. Now they're doing a re-read of DUNE.


 I've been meaning to re-read it myself but this way, the re-reader on the website will also be doing some commentary which will make it interesting plus they'll be going rather slowly so I can also absorb it again at a pace to appreciate many aspects of the novel.


Plus reading it from the perspective of someone in their 50th year with a better understanding of people, geopolitics, and story telling.

This weekend I need to go grocery shopping -- along with the rest of this town -- for Thanksgiving stuff. I have a haircut tomorrow morning early and then a seminar at noon with my psychic/medium friend Danielle Egnew.



Have a great weekend!


Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: