Tuesday, November 22, 2016

I'm with ya


Halfway through a short week. 

Ok, I'm going with the flow and not questioning it. A few times now I've tried to read Dorothy Dunnett's Lymond Chronicles. They're fabulous. They really really are. They're just dense reading and though I've made a few attempts with this 3rd book, I've not gotten past the first chapter or two. HOWEVER! Today is not that day.



Or yesterday was to be more precise.

Reading: THE DISORDERLY KNIGHTS by Dorothy Dunnett. 3rd of 6 in series.

1551, Francis Crawford of Lymond is dispatched to embattled Malta, to assist the Knights of Hospitallers in defending the island against the Turks. But shortly the swordsman and scholar discovers that the greatest threat to the Knights lies within their own ranks, where various factions vie secretly for master.
 Published in 1966, it has 529 pages. 

On TV tonight, we have first up The Curse of Oak Island, "Always Forward":

A mysterious "Hatch" that may be a secret entrance to an underground treasure tunnel is investigated.

And after that is Hunting Hitler, "The Compound":

Investigators examine the possibility that Hitler may have escaped to Denmark, where they check out a landing strip and bunker system. In Argentina, clues point to an area that may have been a Nazi militarized compound.


I was looking ahead in my pre-orders of new releases .... I don't have anything until February. !!!!




So I look at it as not a blight, a virtual desert in the publishing world but a rather a chance to read some things in the TBR.


I also received a couple books on the technical side of Star Trek and Star Wars as research materials that I can pour over. Blue prints and star charts and stuff.


Have a great evening!



Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: