Monday, July 26, 2021

Again

 

  Monday. Receptionist called in again so I missed being at Coda's appointment this morning.

 


 The vet called to say the granulation in Coda's leg had started so they're going to stitch up the wound. He can probably come home after work. 

 I finished THE ROSE CODE by Kate Quinn. A rather good book and worth the big size. Probably one of the better ones I've read this year.

 


 Currently reading THE MURDER BOOK by Lissa Marie Redmond. 2nd of 5 featuring Lauren Riley, a cold case homicide detective, in Buffalo, New York, in the Cold Case Investigation series.

 


 Cold Case Detectives Lauren Riley and her partner Shane Reese are helping the Homicide Squad after a murder earlier in the day left the department short-staffed. As their shift ends, Reese leaves Lauren alone only for her to be savagely beaten and stabbed from behind minutes later. Lauren didn’t see her attacker, but knows it was a fellow police officer from the city-issued boots she glimpsed as she passed out. Stolen during the attack is the Murder Book, which contains evidence on all active cold cases. Without the book, old homicides became almost impossible to track down. Who in police headquarters would try to kill a fellow officer? Why’d they suddenly want the Murder Book? Although hurt and on enforced leave, nothing will stop Lauren from seeking answers . . . but who on the force can she trust and how safe is she within her own home?

 Published 2019; 312 pages.

 I went to the bead shop after visiting Coda on Saturday. I'm closing in on getting the grab bag jewelry done. I've done a lot. Being my first time, I'm trying to use every item as best as I can. I don't think one necessarily has to do that to participate. I'm just pushing my creativity and learning new skills so it's still enjoyable. I probably won't do this every month but it's been a great experience and I love the direction this is taking me.

 


 Tonight we're having tacos while watching some Antique Roadshow before reading and going to bed hopefully early.

Have a good day

 


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: