Monday, July 12, 2021

There's gotta be something better to do


 Monday.

 


 I went to the bead shop on Saturday. I didn't make anything or really work on anything. I did scrounge around in the colored catch all boxes and found some good stuff.

 


And I cleaned up a couple of my working trays so that was good. I received email notification this morning that my grab-bag beads for the monthly challenge were delivered today so I'll have those to look at tonight. 

 


 I'm currently reading THE PRICE OF JUSTICE by Marti Green. 3rd of 6 in the Innocent Prisoners Project series.

 


 Seven years ago, Winston Melton was on top of the world: a privileged kid fresh off his first semester at Princeton. Life was perfect—until he was accused of the rape and murder of an ex-girlfriend. Years after his conviction, another death-row inmate has come forward with an eleventh-hour confession, casting Win’s conviction in a new light. But with the ink drying on his death sentence, time is running short. Win’s grandmother, the family matriarch, has her eyes set on one of the Help Innocent Prisoners Project’s defense lawyers: Dani Trumball, and her reputation for results, no matter the cost. Dani, concerned she is being bought, initially refuses but eventually takes the case. Soon, Dani can sense that something’s off, both with Win’s conviction and the new confession. But seven years after the incident, is there still a chance of uncovering the truth?

 Published 2015; 271 pages. It's essentially cold cases, which I love. 

Nothing on TV tonight. I have no idea what's for dinner so I'll probably just pick something up on the way home.


So then I'll just play with some beads and read and go to bed.

Have a good day

 


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster 

No comments: