Thursday, July 8, 2021

Doing ok


 Thursday.

 


 Getting through the week. Four-day weeks have five days smushed into them so they seem longer than they are.

 


 Not much to say today. I stopped by the bead shop yesterday at lunch to say hi. I had thought to maybe go there this Saturday, even though we don't have a class, but it  A) depends on how worn out from the week I am and B) if Steve was going to go ATV-ing.

 


 Well, I think Steve is going ATV-ing. I didn't have anything I needed to work on at the shop anyway.  And I would probably just spend money. I can definitely bead from home if I decide to do that.

 


 Probably best to stay home with the boys and rest up, to be honest.

 Tonight, nothing on TV. Leftovers for dinner. Still figuring out what I'm going to read next. Last night I wound up watching a YouTube video of a very talented jewelry maker do this necklace:


 When I first started beading, I never thought I'd get past even doing a very simple peyote stitch type bracelet. An example (not one I did):

 

 And then over the past couple years, I got comfortable with other bead stitch types and wanting to learn more. And now I'm at the point, it feels like, to go into some original pieces. There's a bead person online whose videos I've watched and who sells beads, etc., does a monthly grab-bag challenge that I'm going to try this month. For $5, she sends some random beads and the beader then makes jewelry out of what she randomly sent; the beader can supplement from their stash if they want. It sounds like fun. Some people do that with the monthly boxes each month -- making jewelry out of just the items in that box.

 

Here are some photos/samples that other people have made recently from doing this grab-bag challenge:







 I haven't personally worked with connecting beads with eye pins, wire wrapping, and adding chain, etc., yet, nor have I made many necklaces that this style kind of lends itself to, but that is exactly what I want to learn now.

 


So I'm getting there. Like I said last week, when I designed that pretty blush bracelet, I felt SO good. I want to do more of that and now I'm getting the skills to do it better. In the evenings, however, I'm pretty wiped out from the work day so maybe this weekend.



Have a good day

 


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: