Tuesday, May 23, 2023

I AM smiling


 Tuesday. Receptionist back.


I was able to read some last night and participate in the sprint at the end of it. I had to help Steve drop off his truck to get it warrantied or whatever after work and of course it's road construction season and you can't get anywhere. Period.

 And then Keo's habit is to go for a walk right when we get home.

 But my book is good so I read 100 pages. My 1000 Page Challenge today so far is:

I'm hoping to settle on something to listen to while working on invoices today. I'm very close to finishing a audio I'd started quite a while ago and very close to finishing so ... I will. 


LADY ANNE AND THE HOWL IN THE DARK by Victoria Hamilton. 1st of 4 in series featuring Lady Anne Addison in late 1700s Georgian EnglandPublished 2009; 388 pages.  I actually only had a few minutes left in it.

I have SO MANY books I've started to read -- or re-read -- that I've abandoned. I should just go through and finish them.

I'm going to start to listen to the audio of a new book, A DEATH OF NO IMPORTANCE by Mariah Fredericks. 1st of 4 in series featuring Jane Prescott, a lady’s maid in 1910s New York City.

 

 Invisible until she’s needed, Jane Prescott has perfected the art of serving as a lady’s maid to the city’s upper echelons. She works for the Benchley family, who are dismissed by the elite as “new money,” and who cause outrage when their daughter Charlotte becomes engaged to notorious eminent playboy Norrie Newsome. But when Norrie is found murdered at a party, Jane discovers she is uniquely positioned to find the killer—she’s a woman no one sees, but who witnesses everything; who possesses no social power but that of fierce intellect. Jane also knows that in both high society and the city’s underbelly, morals can become cheap in the wrong hands; scandal and violence simmer just beneath the surface—and can break out at any time.

Published 2018; 279 pages.

I've also increased -- again -- my goal for number of books read this year. I believe initially I'd said 36 for 2023. Then, having a cracker of a year, I increased it to 60. I'm about to achieve that goal and we're only halfway through the year. I've upped it to 100 books.

 Which is absolutely wonderful, yes. Tonight will be pretty much the same. Walk and feed Keo. Fix Steve's dinner. Read and also watch some book vids on YouTube since some of my favorites have released some today.

 Have a good day

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: