Monday, May 15, 2023

Yes, it's Monday....

 Monday

 I went to the coffee shop on Saturday. We got kicked out of the room at 3PM for someone else who'd reserved the room and that was perfectly ok. Keo stayed home and did pretty well, I'm hearing. He was vocal when I got home and we went for a walk right away.

 

I started block number one of the three this month on the subscription afghan project. Here's a graphic of the completed piece with the first three blocks marked.

I'm enjoying it. The small bite-sized mini-projects suits me well so far, I think. 

I finally finished the David Weber sci fi after taking a break from it for a couple weeks. It was an epic 600 pages. 

I think I'll be starting this book as a potential for the next scavenger hunt happening this weekend, the prompt is set in a bakery or sweet shop. DROP DEAD BREAD by Victoria Kazarian. 1st of 3 in The Laughing Loaf Bakery series.

 One day Gracie Markley is a happily married tech manager in Seattle. The next day, she turns in her husband to the FBI for selling tech secrets and her life is changed forever. Under the witness protection program, Gracie, her dog Biga, and her absent-minded professor father are relocated to the small town of River Grove in the Northern California redwoods. Leaving her tech past behind, Gracie starts The Laughing Loaf Bakery and intends to keep a low profile in her new town—until a male model ends up dead behind her bakery. To keep her business and her new life in River Grove, Gracie and her little dog Biga must find out who killed the gorgeous Nico Behrens. 

Published 2022; 212 pages. This is like my fifth attempt at finding something for this scavenger hunt prompt. If this one doesn't take, I'm not looking anymore.


And I may start this next one as well. It's from the library so the clock is ticking and will be for Middle Grade May. CITY SPIES by James Ponti. 1st of 4 in series. 

 

 Sara Martinez is a hacker. She recently broke into the New York City foster care system to expose her foster parents as cheats and lawbreakers. However, instead of being hailed as a hero, Sara finds herself facing years in a juvenile detention facility and banned from using computers for the same stretch of time. Enter Mother, a British spy who not only gets Sara released from jail but also offers her a chance to make a home for herself within a secret MI6 agency.

Published 2020; 378 pages.

I've got a couple new releases later in May but I also want to tackle some epic fantasies on my TBR and next-in-series historical mysteries, plus I have another 1000 page challenge next week.


 Tonight I have reading sprints at 5pm. After taking care of Keo (Steve will have left overs), I'll read and/or crochet, depending on my mood.


 Have a good day

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: