Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Different perspectives ....


Aaaaaaand it's Tuesday. 


Tonight I have Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, "Emancipation":

Daisy's prophecy ticks closer toward a huge loss as S.H.I.E.L.D. is forced to register Inhumans following the events of"Marvel's Captain America: Civil War." General Talbot (Adrian Pasdar) tries to convince Coulson (Clark Gregg) to come clean about any "undocumented enhanced assets" at S.H.I.E.L.D. Coulson finally agrees to talk and the booth they're sitting in drops down taking them into the HQ. After the first experiment to turn the Followers into swayed Inhumans went terribly wrong, Dr. Radcliffe (John Hannah) is "100 percent fairly certain" his chemical cocktail will work on a new group of "volunteers."




I was "Team Captain America" before the movie -- as opposed to siding with "Team Ironman" because while I love both of them, I prefer Cap over Tony a little bit. After seeing the movie, I'm STILL Team Captain America. I'm against the concept of The Sokovia Accords:
Since the Ultron Offensive, public perception for not only the Avengers, but for all people with superpowers, had worsened. Many citizens seem scared, angry at people with powers and even going as far as threatening to expose them and often refer to them as freaks. The Inhuman Outbreak only fueled this bigotry, as newly-emerged Inhumans often had little control over the powers they had just been granted, resulting in several instances of a panicking Inhuman accidentally wreaking havoc and destroying portions of their city. 

The Sokovia Accords are a set of internationally ratified legal documents that provide regulation and frame-working for the military/law enforcement deployment of enhanced individuals, particularly the Avengers. The document was established by the United Nations and ratified by the governments of 117 states, notably the United Kingdom, Austria, Germany, Russia, Italy, France, Sokovia, Wakanda, and the United States of America. 
Steve wants to wait until the weekend to bring Coda home since he's getting such good care at the PT vet. And hopefully Coda will be even more improved by then. So, I'm missing my cuddle bunny and counting the days.


Chilly and overcast today. Wasted by being at work. Again.


I'm enjoying the Kelley Armstrong book. I'm noticing a "Jessica Jones" vibe to it, perhaps as its character inspiration.


Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: