Monday, May 2, 2016

Hey what’s up? What are you doing? That looks fun can I join? Hi! It me! Over here!


It was a rough weekend with Coda home. Not much sleep, cleaning up after him, he wouldn't let me leave the room for very long .... but he was glad to be home and it was nice to have him. Today we took him to the physical therapy vet where he will stay during the week. He just can't be left alone and they can do his PT and not have the stress of transporting back and forth. Not sure yet if he will come home next weekend.

I read a lot this weekend. I finished THE ROSE and THE DAGGER by Renee Ahdieh, I read ONE WITH YOU by Sylvia Day (romance/erotic), NAMED OF THE DRAGON by Susanna Kearsley (romantic/paranormal fiction), and finished a nonfiction from before, WHAT THE PSYCHIC TOLD THE PILGRIM by Jane Christmas.


I think I'm reading next THE CUCKOO'S CALLING by Robert Galbraith (aka JK Rowling of Harry Potter fame). 1st of 3 in series featuring Cormoran Strike, a private detective, and his secretary Robin Ellacott, in London.

After losing his leg to a land mine in Afghanistan, Cormoran Strike is barely scraping by as a private investigator. Strike is down to one client, and creditors are calling. He has also just broken up with his longtime girlfriend and is living in his office. Then John Bristow walks through his door with an amazing story: His sister, thelegendary supermodel Lula Landry, known to her friends as the Cuckoo, famously fell to her death a few months earlier. The police ruled it a suicide, but John refuses to believe that. The case plunges Strike into the world of multimillionaire beauties, rock-star boyfriends, and desperate designers, and it introduces him to every variety of pleasure, enticement, seduction, and delusion known to man.
Published in 2013, it has 561 pages.

Tonight I have the season finale of NCIS: Los Angeles, "Talion":

Season 7 ends with Sam receiving a distress code from his son Aiden that his military school in San Francisco has been taken over by an extremist group led by Tahir, Sam's arch enemy. Sam, Callen, Kensi and Deeks rush north in hopes of apprehending Tahir and freeing the hostages.
I don't think I'll make it until 9 let alone 10. I'm so tired. 




Much love,
 PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: