Friday, March 24, 2023

TGIF at last


 Friday. At last. Receptionist here.


I finished the McNeil book last night. I gave it two stars. Had a good premise but it fizzled. 

 

One of the nice things about participating in the scavenger hunts with the cozy reading group, is finding not-so-well-known authors and enjoying them enough to continue with the series. This is one of them.

CAFE AU LAIT by M.L. Hamilton. 2nd of 7 in Zion Sawyer cozy mystery series.


 Zion has settled into her new routine in Sequoia. She runs her coffee shop, spends her evenings on dinner dates with her lawyer boyfriend, and enjoys the calm, quiet of her little cottage. However, summer tourist season begins and the Sequoia Chamber of Commerce decides to hold Redwood Stock.The rock festival brings a whole new clientele to sleepy Sequoia – loud music, tattoos, and late night parties – but it also brings revenue. Until a young woman drops dead after the concert and everyone becomes a suspect. Once again, Zion teams up with ex-cop Tate Mercer to find the murderer before anyone else is killed.

 Published 2017; 307 pages.

 I think I'm pausing on the McKenna book. I was feeling like I was forcing it at this time. I'm still listening to the audio of the Schwarz scifi. 

Also starting AN UNEXPECTED COWBOY by Shannon Stacey. 2nd of Sutton's Place category romance "series".


He’d been told home is where the heart is. He never believed it until now. Lone-wolf cowboy Irish is no stranger to long, lonely nights. Some might say he even prefers it that way. But somehow Mallory Sutton tugs on his heartstrings. The feisty single mom is struggling to balance it all—and challenging Irish’s perception of what he has to offer. She shows the guarded cowboy everything a family—and real love—can be. But will their unexpected connection keep Irish in town…or end in heartbreak for Mallory and her kids?

Published 2022; 227 pages. For category romance, I like her writing.

With the pending winter weather advisory starting this evening and going through the weekend, we canceled bead group tomorrow. Two of our regulars come in from Huntley so it's just safer. My haircut appointment had been rescheduled to tomorrow but I also canceled that because I then felt like "why go anywhere"?

 


I would like to get rested and alert and then work on getting my webcam and live stream going on YouTube this weekend. 


 And get some good reading done. I may have a reading sprint tonight and I know I have one on Sunday afternoon with no scavenger hunt for this one. Otherwise, napping, being with Ryker, etc. 

We have On Patrol Live on tonight and tomorrow. Also tomorrow I'd like to watch a Hallmark movie called A Picture of Her. It has my favorite actor from their stable, Tyler Hynes.

 


"Beth unwittingly becomes the subject of an award-winning magazine’s cover and goes on a quest to uncover the true identity of the mystery photographer who snapped her photo."

I know, I know, Hallmark movie are all the same, etc. 

 


 Speaking of romances, I'm giving the category romances a healthy try so I have a few of those in the TBR, too, I have to read.

 




And those are just the e-books (not Kindle). I have physical ones too. I'm trying to research the genre. And then all the Kindle Unlimited books. And then all the fantasy books I want to read ... 

 


Have a good weekend

 

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonter

No comments: